More Sweet Life To Live...

In the Life of a Teenager...Trying to find Her place in this World.

From a Friend.


So as a comment on my most recent blog, a great friend said that a person who is just sad for theirself and not anyone else is just selfish.

That is quite true, but who is not selfish? I believe in this saying, and I know that I have said this before but, "in a selfish world, only the selfish can succeed."

Will you argue with me that this world is not selfish? Will you argue with me that there is a person in this world that never did or said anything for their own benefit? Will you argue with me that I am wrong?

I do not know if anyone knows this, but selfishness is a sin. Being a sin, it is in our everyday lives. Not only is it a sin, it is the root of all sins, it is greed. Comes greed, comes envy, or a more common term, jealousy. These two sins are so commonly linked that it can almost be one.

Jealousy is a sin because when that jealousy starts to control your mind, you can destroy your friendship to other people. You can also destroy your relationship to other people and you could commit a crime such as killing other people. Also, when a person is jealous, he/she cannot understand a situation. Instead he/she starts a fight with someone and that starts enemies. Not only this, but jealousy is such a powerful thing that it can also cause so much pain to a third party.

Like all bad things there are also good things to counter it. To greed it is charity. Charity: Generosity. Willingness to give. A nobility of thought or actions. To envy it is kindness. Kindness: Satisfaction. Compassion, friendship, and sympathy without prejudice and for its own sake.


So much to say, so little time. Am I committing a sin right now by typing all of this, or is it virtue? That I am not sure of. But I know right now I am committing a sin. The sin of sloth. Such a deadly sin it is.


Such a deadly sin all of it are. What should I do now? Everything that I do, is it wrong? Everything that I say, is it wrong? Everything that I feel, is it wrong?


Is it wrong to believe what I am doing is right? Is it wrong to believe that purity of the heart and intentions should speak for itself? Is it wrong that I feel hurt for something that I walked into blindly? Is it wrong that I feel contempt for something that I love? Is it wrong to feel contempt towards someone that I love? So many questions that I know the answers to, but others might think otherwise.


I believe that I am not wrong to believe so. I believe that purity of the heart and of intentions should be able to speak for itself. I believe that it is right for me to feel hurt for something that I, and only I, walked into blindly.


However, I do believe that it is wrong to feel contempt towards something I love. I do believe it is wrong to feel contempt towards someone I love. But yet, I do so with all my heart. Want to know what else I believe? It might be cliche, but I do believe that love should overcome this contempt. Swallow it whole and become gluttony. Another sin.


A sin for a sin. A virtue for a virtue.

1 comments:

Simba said...

that is so poetic, true and deep. damn, you should pride (sin) yourself on this.

Post a Comment